Probability Theory and Statistics
- Course Code: 1301
- Semester: 3rd
- Course Type: General Background (GB)
- Course Category: Compulsory (CO)
- Scientific Field: Generic Knowledge and Skills (GKS)
- Lectures: 4 hours/week
- ECTS units: 6
- Teching and exams language: Greek
- Instructors: Tzekis Panagiotis
The aim of the course is to understand the concept of probability, as well as basics of Statistics.
- Understands the stochastic models related with computer and electronics problems.
- Descride the stochastic models related with computer and electronics problems.
- Recognizes and distinguishes methods and stochastic models.
- Explains and evaluates the solutions that result from stochastic models.
Combination Analysis, Probability, Conditional Probability, Bayes Theorem, Descriptive Statistics, Random Variable-Population-Sample, Probability Distribution Functions, Probability Density Functions, Continuous Distributions (Normal, Student), Distinctive distributions (Binomial, Poisson), Confidence Space, Hypothesis tests, Linear regression.
Teaching Methods - Evaluation
- Classroom teaching
Use of ICT means
- Electronic notes, electronic communication with students.
|Individual study and analysis of literature||128|
The grade of the course results from the written final exam of the semester.
The grade of the course must be at least five (5).
The evaluation criteria are accessible to students from the course page and are announced in the first lecture.
Recommended Bibliography through "Eudoxus"
- Βιβλίο : ΣΤΑΤΙΣΤΙΚΗ, ΠΕΤΡΑΚΗΣ Λ. ΑΝΔΡΕΑΣ, ΠΕΤΡΑΚΗ Α. ΔΩΡΟΘΕΑ, ΠΕΤΡΑΚΗΣ Α. ΛΕΩΝΙΔΑΣ
- Βιβλίο : ΕΦΑΡΜΟΣΜΕΝΗ ΣΤΑΤΙΣΤΙΚΗ, ΤΑΜΠΑΚΗΣ ΝΙΚΟΛΑΟΣ, ΧΑΨΑ ΞΑΝΘΙΠΠΗ
- Βιβλίο : ΣΤΑΤΙΣΤΙΚΗ ΚΑΙ ΑΝΑΛΥΣΗ ΔΕΔΟΜΕΝΩΝ, Γεώργιος Δρόσος
- Journal of Statistics Education