Probability Theory and Statistics
- Course Code: 1301
- Semester: 3rd
- Course Type: General Background (GB)
- Course Category: Compulsory (CO)
- Scientific Field: Generic Knowledge and Skills (GKS)
- Lectures: 4 hours/week
- ECTS units: 6
- Teching and exams language: Greek
- Coordinator: Tzekis Panagiotis
- Instructors: Tzekis Panagiotis
The aim of the course is to understand the concept of probability, as well as basics of Statistics. Upon successful completion of the course, the student is expected to be able to:
- Distinguishes the concepts of probability, random variable, probability function and distributions.
- Recognizes and describes the stochastic models that arise from computer and electronics problems.
- Detects and explains stochastic models in computing and electronics
- Calculates results and draws conclusions from them.
- Creates and combines the methods of stochastic models.
- Explains and evaluates solutions resulting from stochastic models.
- Compares models and suggests optimal solutions.
- Search, analyze and synthesize data and information using the necessary methods
- Decision making
- Critical thinking exercise
- Promotion of free, creative and inductive thinking
Combination Analysis, Probability, Conditional Probability, Bayes Theorem, Descriptive Statistics, Random Variable-Population-Sample, Probability Distribution Functions, Probability Density Functions, Continuous Distributions (Normal, Student), Distinctive distributions (Binomial, Poisson), Confidence Space, Hypothesis tests, homogeneity and independence tests, fitting tests, Linear regression.
Teaching Methods - Evaluation
- Classroom teaching
Use of ICT means
- Electronic notes, electronic communication with students.
|Individual study and analysis of literature||128|
The grade of the course results from the written final exam of the semester.
The grade of the course must be at least five (5).
The evaluation criteria are accessible to students from the course page and are announced in the first lecture.
Recommended Bibliography through "Eudoxus"
- Βιβλίο : ΣΤΑΤΙΣΤΙΚΗ, ΠΕΤΡΑΚΗΣ Λ. ΑΝΔΡΕΑΣ, ΠΕΤΡΑΚΗ Α. ΔΩΡΟΘΕΑ, ΠΕΤΡΑΚΗΣ Α. ΛΕΩΝΙΔΑΣ
- Βιβλίο : ΕΦΑΡΜΟΣΜΕΝΗ ΣΤΑΤΙΣΤΙΚΗ, ΤΑΜΠΑΚΗΣ ΝΙΚΟΛΑΟΣ, ΧΑΨΑ ΞΑΝΘΙΠΠΗ
- Βιβλίο : ΣΤΑΤΙΣΤΙΚΗ ΚΑΙ ΑΝΑΛΥΣΗ ΔΕΔΟΜΕΝΩΝ, Γεώργιος Δρόσος
- Journal of Statistics Education