- Course Code: 1643
- Semester: 6th
- Course Type: General Background (GB)
- Course Category: Optional (OP)
- Scientific Field: Generic Knowledge and Skills (GKS)
- Lectures: 4 hours/week
- ECTS units: 6
- Course webpage: https://aetos.it.teithe.gr/~vkostogl/lessons.html
- Teching and exams language: Greek
- The course is offered to Erasmus students
- Coordinator: Kostoglou Vasilis
- Instructors: Kostoglou Vasilis
This course is a thorough theoretical as well as practical approach to project management focusing on projects related to ICT and Electronics. The main aim of the course is to be a useful tool for students who wish to pursue a career in the competitive labour market of ICT or Electronics. The objectives of the course is to familiarize the students with: 1) The features and the characteristics of the IT and Electronics projects 2) The methodologies and techniques of project planning and management regarding their three main parameters: time, cost and resources 3) The use of specialized software as a strong project management tool Upon successful completion of the course students are expected to:
- Recognize and understand the characteristics and the specific requirements of ICT projects
- Plan and 'solve' small and medium size ICT projects
- Examine and evaluate the progress of projects and their deviations from the original programming
- Understand thoroughly and apply the main methodologies for project planning and control
- Use specialized software for project management and interpret the results of its application
- Search, analysis and synthesis of data and information using the appropriate methods and/or technologies
- Adapting to new situations
- Project planning and management
- Promoting free, creative and inductive thinking
• Introduction to Network Analysis
(activities, events, activities relations, arc and node networks)
• The characteristics of ICT Projects
(features, characteristics, life cycle, cost elements, human resources and equipment
• Network Solution
(solving algorithms regarding activities and overall project times)
• PERT technique
(distribution B, normal distribution, use of statistical tables)
• Cost minimization – CPM method
(cost vs duration of activity, cost minimization algorithm, optimal time determination, compression methods) • Resource planning
(resource planning methodologies, Gantt chart, heuristics, resource aggregation, smoothing and leveling methodologies) • Monitoring the progress of a project
(identifying and measuring time and financial differences over initially planned scheduling • Use of project management software • Solution of problems and case studies
Teaching Methods - Evaluation
- Face to face theoretical and practical lectures
- Problem solving by the teacher
- Individual and group problem solving by the students
- Solving case studies
- Use of project management software
Use of ICT means
- Use of slides, exercises and class problems
- Use of specialized software for project designing, managing and cost minimizing
|Individual study of progress test||40|
|Individual study for final examination||60|
Optional (and additive under conditions) intermediate test
Recommended Bibliography through "Eudoxus"
- Κώστογλου, Β., "Επιχειρησιακή Έρευνα και Οργάνωση Συστημάτων Παραγωγής", Θεσσαλονίκη: ΕΚΔΟΣΕΙΣ Α. ΤΖΙΟΛΑ & ΥΙΟΙ Α.Ε., 2015, ISBN: 978-960-418-568-9, Κωδικός Ευδόξου: 50655958.
- Πολύζος, Σ., "Διοίκηση και διαχείριση των έργων", 3η έκδοση, Εκδόσεις Κριτική ΑΕ, 2018, ISBN: 978-960-586-254-1, Κωδικός Ευδόξου: 77109652.
- Οικονόμου, Γ. και Γεωργίου, Α,, "Ποσοτική Ανάλυση για τη Λήψη Επιχειρηματικών Αποφάσεων" Τόμος Β’, Αθήνα: Εκδόσεις Ε. Μπένου, 2016, ISBN: 978-960-359-121-4, Κωδικός Ευδόξου: 59383641.
Complementary greek bibliography
- Χασιακός, Α. και Θεοδωρακόπουλος, Δ., "Χρονικός και Οικονομικός Προγραμματισμός Έργων", Πάτρα: Ελληνικό Ανοικτό Πανεπιστήμιο, 2003.
Complementary international bibliography
- Bertsekas, D., "Network Optimization, Continuous and Discrete Models", Belmont, Massachusetts: MIT Press, 1998.
- Gido, J. and Clements, J.P., "Succcessful Project Management", Cincinnati, Ohio: South-Western College Publishing, 1999.
- Meredith, J.R. and Mantel, S.J., "Project Management", 4th edition, John Wiley and Sons, 2000.
- IT Project Management Practices Guide
- Project Management for IT Related Projects