- Course Code: 1201
- Semester: 2nd
- Course Type: General Background (GB)
- Course Category: Compulsory (CO)
- Scientific Field: Generic Knowledge and Skills (GKS)
- Lectures: 4 hours/week
- ECTS units: 6
- Course webpage: https://exams-iee.the.ihu.gr/course/view.php?id=19
- Teching and exams language: Greek
- The course is offered to Erasmus students
- Recommended prerequisite courses: (1101) Mathematics Ι
- Coordinator: Antoniou Efstathios
- Instructors: Antoniou Efstathios, Tzekis Panagiotis
The course aims to enable students to understand the value of mathematics, not simply as a series of techniques and methods, but rather as an application of systematic science of practical importance. At the same time, it serves as to tool to better underastnand other courses in their field of study, which are an integral part of mathematics. Particularly, upon successful completion of the course, students will be able to:
- Describe basic physical concepts with the help of Mathematics.
- Recognize and distinguishe methods for solving various problems through Mathematics.
- Solve math problems arising in engineering fields.
- Explain and apply solutions derived from mathematical models used in the underlying engineering problem.
- Work in multidisciplinary environement
- Development of new research ideas
- Improvement of open minded, creative and inductive thought
First Order Ordinary Differential Equations, Higher Order Linear Differential Equation with constant coefficients, Differential Calculus of two or more variables, Multiple Integrals, Path Integrals, Surface Integrals, Sequences, Series, Laplace Transform, Fourier Analysis.
Teaching Methods - Evaluation
- Face to face teaching.
Use of ICT means
- Notes and slides available in electronic form (in greek).
- Use of asynchronous learning platform (Moodle).
|Individual study and analysis of literature||128|
The final exam consists of 7-8 thought development exercises.
The above examination scheme is communicated to the students through:
(a) The course web page
(b) The asynchronous learning platform Moodle
(c) Announcements at the begining of the semester and during the lectures.
Recommended Bibliography through "Eudoxus"
- Βιβλίο : ΜΑΘΗΜΑΤΙΚΑ ΙΙ, ΠΕΤΡΑΚΗΣ Λ. ΑΝΔΡΕΑΣ, ΠΕΤΡΑΚΗ Α. ΔΩΡΟΘΕΑ, ΠΕΤΡΑΚΗΣ Α. ΛΕΩΝΙΔΑΣ
- Βιβλίο : ΜΑΘΗΜΑΤΙΚΕΣ ΜΕΘΟΔΟΙ ΕΠΕΞΕΡΓΑΣΙΑΣ ΣΗΜΑΤΩΝ ΚΑΙ ΣΥΣΤΗΜΑΤΩΝ, ΤΕΡΖΙΔΗΣ ΧΑΡΑΛΑΜΠΟΣ
- Βιβλίο : Διαφορικές Εξισώσεις, Μετασχηματισμοί και Μιγαδικές Συναρτήσεις, Μυλωνάς Νίκος - Σχοινάς Χρήστος