- Course Code: 1711
- Semester: 7th
- Course Type: Scientific Area (SA)
- Course Category: Compulsory Optional (CO-OP)
- Scientific Field: Embedded Computation Systems (ECS)
- Lectures: 4 hours/week
- ECTS units: 6
- Course webpage: https://moodle.teithe.gr/course/view.php?id=3581
- Teching and exams language: Greek
- The course is offered to Erasmus students
- Recommended prerequisite courses: (1201) Mathematics II
- Coordinator: Tzekis Panagiotis
- Instructors: Tsirigotis Georgios
The aim of the course is to create the basic background for introducing and understanding the wide scientific area of Automatic Control Systems, analog and digital. Provide students with basic knowledge about the structure, operation, methods of analysis and design techniques of control systems, as well as their applications in various fields of engineering (electrical, electronic, mechanical, thermal, etc. systems). The student must be able:
- • To recognize and process open and closed loop control systems as well as mixed systems.
- • To describe control systems with its Transfer Function, from its elements and integral differential equations.
- • To calculate stability of control systems.
- • To simplify block diagrams of control systems.
- • To calculate the time response of control systems to standard input signals.
- • To analyze control systems using Root Locus and Frequency Analysis methods.
- • To design control systems by PID etc. controllers using Root Locus and Frequency Analysis methods.
- • To convert an Analog control system to Digital.
- • To analyze and design Digital control systems.
- Search for, analysis and synthesis of data and information, with the use of the necessary technology
- Decision making
- Working independently
- Project planning and management
- Production of new research ideas
The taught modules concern:
- Introduction to control systems
- Laplace Transform and inverse Laplace Transform for control systems
- Computer Control (CC) και MATLAB software for control systems
- Time response of control systems
- Modelling control systems (Transfer Function)
- Control systems stability
- Block Diagrams simplification
- Root Locus method analysis
- Frequency response method analysis
- Digital Control Systems
- Digital Control systems stability
- Time response of digital control systems
- Root Locus method analysis of digital control systems
- Control Systems Design with PID etc. by Root Locus and Frequency response methods
Teaching Methods - Evaluation
- Teaching in the class
Use of ICT means
- Presentation with Software and a whiteboard. Contact by e-mail and Moodle. Solution of exercises and Case Studies with Software. Teaching with zoom.
|Exercises and Case Studies with Software.||52|
|Individual study and analysis of literature||76|
1. Final exams (100%): Study of an integral system with analysis and synthesis of his elements according to the study methods examined during the course.
2. Project (in special cases).
Recommended Bibliography through "Eudoxus"
- Σύγχρονα συστήματα αυτόματου ελέγχου. Richard DORF, C. Robert BISHOP. Τζιόλας.
- Automatic Control Systems. B.C.KUO. Prentice-Hall.
- Control Systems Engineering. Norman S. NISE. Wiley.
- Modern Control Engineering. Katsuhiko Ogata. Prentice Hall
Complementary greek bibliography
- ΣΥΣΤΗΜΑΤΑ ΑΥΤΟΜΑΤΟΥ ΕΛΕΓΧΟΥ, Μαλατέστας, Παντελής Β. Εκδόσεις Τζιόλα
- ΣΥΣΤΗΜΑΤΑ ΑΥΤΟΜΑΤΟΥ ΕΛΕΓΧΟΥ, Βελώνη Αν., Κανδρής Διονύσιος.
- ΕΦΑΡΜΟΣΜΕΝΟΣ ΕΛΕΓΧΟΣ: Αρχές, Ανάλυση & Ανάπτυξη με Matlab, Simulink & LabVIEW, Φούρλας Γ.
- MATLAB για Επιστήμονες και Μηχανικούς. Χατζίκος E., Καμούτσης Κ. Τζιόλας.
Complementary international bibliography
- Electrical Engineering Fundamentals: VINCENT DEL TORO : PRENTICE-HALL.
- Modern Control Engineering: KATSUHIKO OGATA (Second Edition) : PRENTICE HALL.
- Schaum’s Outline of Feedback and Control Systems, 2nd Edition (Schaum's Outline Series). Joseph J. Distefano
- Computer Controlled Systems. KJ. ASTROM, B. WΙΤΤENMARK. Prentice Hall.
- Linear Control System Analysis and Design. J. d' D'AZZO, C. H. HOUPIS, Mc. Graw-Hill.
- Control System Design. B. FRIEDLAND. Mc. Graw-Hill.
- Analog and Digital Control Systems. R. GAYAKWAD, L. SOKOLOFF. Prentice Hall.
- Control System Toolbox, Getting Started Guide, MathWorks.
- IEEE Transactions on Automation Science and Engineering