Added-Value Internet Services
- Course Code: 1842
- Semester: 8th
- Course Type: Scientific Area (SA)
- Course Category: Optional (OP)
- Scientific Field: Programming and Algorithms (PA)
- Lectures: 4 hours/week
- ECTS units: 6
- Course webpage: https://moodle.teithe.gr/course/view.php?id=4166
- Teching and exams language: Greek
- The course is offered to Erasmus students
- Coordinator: Ilioudis Christos
- Instructors: Ilioudis Christos, Asdre Katerina
The purpose of the course is for students to become familiar with the standards, technologies, mechanisms and methodological framework for developing e-services such as e-gov, e-commerce, e-learning, e-health.
- To learn the introductory concepts in the Science and Technology of Internet Services
- To analyze technologies, mechanisms and standards related to online services.
- To learn and apply the framework for developing eGovernment services
- To learn and implement digital E-learning systems
- To analyze and apply e-commerce technologies and standards
- To learn the technological environment of eHealth and its fundamental components
- To design and develop an e-services app
- The skills that a student is expected to develop are:
- • In searching and analyzing information
- • In decision making and applying scientific knowledge
- • In teamwork
- Overview of Web Services Technologies: Emphasis on Web Services Framework, Protocols (XACML, XrML, etc), New and Evolving Standards for Service Oriented Architectures (SOA)
- Models and techniques in using data and knowledge online to develop “smart” new services
- E-Government: Introducing e-government technology and the challenges in developing, managing and delivering services and information electronically to citizens. Good eGov practices and entrepreneurship, technological development and e-gov (web 2.0)
- E-commerce: Entrepreneurship models, technologies and infrastructure e-commerce, functions, e-shop types and applications, e-payments, e-commerce system architecture, e-commerce security
- E-learning: Education Management Systems and their evaluation, e-learning development tools, standardization of learning technologies, educational metadata, synchronous and asynchronous e-learning, pedagogical issues, e-learning process performance evaluation, learning materials evaluation, smart learning environments
- Electronic health: coding, management and representation of medical information. (CORBA, HL7, DICOM, XML, SOAP,), intelligent medical data analysis and processing mechanisms and systems, Electronic Health Record (EHR), synchronous and asynchronous telemedicine services.
Teaching Methods - Evaluation
- Student education is based on lectures and presentations of successful e-services by invited speakers.
- • In addition, students will study a comprehensive online service topic which they will present.
- •Techniques and tools will be demonstrated and used in a laboratory environmen
Use of ICT means
- Online learning, communication and personal communication platform.
|Writing and presenting compulsory work||60|
|Individual study and analysis of literature||68|
Student assessment is based on the final written examination, test during the academic year and the project.
Recommended Bibliography through "Eudoxus"
- Υπηρεσίες προστιθέμενης αξίας στο διαδίκτυο, Μήλιου Αμαλία Ν.,Πομπόρτσης Ανδρέας Σ., Κωδικός Βιβλίου στον Εύδοξο: 18548907, ISBN: 978-960-418-021-9, ΕΚΔΟΣΕΙΣ Α. ΤΖΙΟΛΑ & ΥΙΟΙ Α.Ε
- Ηλεκτρονική Διακυβέρνηση και Ηλεκτρονικές Υπηρεσίες προς Πολίτες και Επιχειρήσεις, Αθηνά Λαζακίδου, Κωδικός Βιβλίου στον Εύδοξο: 77112386, ISBN: 978-960-92645-4-9