Web Languages and Technologies
- Course Code: 1405
- Semester: 4th
- Course Type: Scientific Area - Skills Development (SA-SD)
- Course Category: Compulsory (CO)
- Scientific Field: Programming and Algorithms (PA)
- Lectures: 4 hours/week
- Lab teaching: 1 hours/week
- ECTS units: 6
- Course webpage: https://sites.google.com/site/gtiteithe/
- Teching and exams language: Greek
- The course is offered to Erasmus students
- Recommended prerequisite courses: (1102) Structured Programming
- Instructors: Salampasis Michalis, Raptis Paschalis, Asdre Katerina
Module contentIntroduction to web programming.
Web as a distributed hypertext system
Document Object Model.
Dynamic HTML (DHTML), CSS.
Development of Web 2.0 applications.
ObjectivesUpon completion of the course, the student is expected to:
Understand the problems and issues of internet programming (e.g. stateless environment, internet programs flow control, security) and be able to produce solutions using various internet programming environments
Understand the basic problems & issues related to dynamic web authoring and dynamic web programming
Be aware of a series of web language & technologies and their use for effective and efficient internet programming
Module structureThe module is organized into a four-hour theory part (lecture-based) and two-hour practical exercises which are conducted in the lab under lecture supervision.
Module evaluationWritten exams for the theoretical part of the module
Teaching Methods - Evaluation
|Writing and presenting compulsory work||30|
|Individual study and analysis of literature||60|