Synthesis of electronic circuits
- Course Code: 1611
- Semester: 6th
- Course Type: Scientific Area - Skills Development (SA-SD)
- Course Category: Compulsory Optional (CO-OP)
- Scientific Field: Electronics (EL)
- Lectures: 4 hours/week
- Lab teaching: 2 hours/week
- ECTS units: 6
- Teching and exams language: Greek
- The course is offered to Erasmus students
- Recommended prerequisite courses: (1504) Electronic Devices, (1204) Σχεδίαση Ψηφιακών Συστημάτων, (1404) Electronic Circuits
- Instructors: Spasos Michail
The aim of the course is to develop the ability to synthesize, analyze and design complex analog, or even mixed (analog and digital) electronic circuits. Upon successful completion of the course, the student will be able to synthesize a wide range of applied electronic devices such as oscillators, waveform generators, switching circuits, and phase-locked loops circuits.
- Understanding the functioning of complex electronic circuits
- In-depth analysis of complex electronic circuits
- Be able to select the right components using the manufacturer's data sheets
- Be able to compose a complex electronic circuit that meets the specifications given to it.
- Able to use IT tools to simulate the operation of a complex electronic circuit
- Be able to construct a complex electronic circuit and obtain measurements to confirm its proper operation
- Search, analyze and synthesize data and information, using the apropriate technologies
- Adaptation to new situations
- Decision making
- Independent work
- Exercising criticism and self-criticism
- Promoting free, creative and inductive thinking
Analysis and design of low-frequency oscillator sinusoidal circuits RC (Wien, phase shift), and high-frequency LC (Colpitts, Clapp, Hartley), crystal.
Analysis and design of function generator circuits (square, triangular and saw waveforms).
Analysis and design of voltage-controlled oscillator (VCO) circuits.
Timing circuit analysis and design.
Analysis and design of analog switches circuits with bipolar transistors, FETs, MOSFETs, and integrated circuits
Analysis and design of PWM power control circuitry. Half wave and full wave D Class amplifiers.
Circuit Analysis and Design Using Phase-Locked Loops (PLL)
Analysis and Design of High-Frequency Amplifier Circuits using Bipolar Transistors, FETs and Operational Amplifiers.
Circuit Analysis and design using current feedback operational amplifiers CFOAs, similarities and differences with voltage feedback operational amplifiers (VFOAs)
Teaching Methods - Evaluation
- Face to face theoretical teaching (discussion, problem, and exercises-solving).
- Laboratory training in groups of 2 students
Use of ICT means
- Use a PC to display slides
- PSpice Electronic Circuit Simulator (OrCAD) software.
- Using an online learning platform (moodle).
- Electronic communication with students.
|Preparation for laboratory exercises||34|
|Individual study and analysis of literature||68|
Final Written Examination (WE) (60%) including:
II. Evaluation of deliverable laboratory exercises (LAB) (40%)
- Weekly. preparation of laboratory exercise in groups of 2 students
- Weekly individual assessment of the content of the exercise.
III. Optional Written work and Public Presentation (20%)
- Individually assigned to students.
- Requires a public presentation of 15-20 minutes at the end of the semester.
- The scope and specifications of the work are defined at the beginning of the semester.
In order to be awarded a credit, the total course (WE * 0.60 + LAB * 0.40) must be at least five (5). In addition, the independent grade in each of the assessment methods I, II must be at least four (4). The degree of optional work is added to the final grade if the above conditions are met
Assessment criteria are accessible to students on the MOODLE platform's website.
Recommended Bibliography through "Eudoxus"
- • Spasos M., Amiridis K., "Modern Applications of Analog Electronics", AIVAZIS Editions, 2nd Edition, 2018, ISBN: 978-960-549-026-3, Eudoxus code: 86193844
- • Amiridis K. Applied Electronics, AIVAZIS Editions, 2009, ISBN: 960-91110-0-9, Eudoxus code: 1256
Complementary greek bibliography
- • Gray, Hurst, Lewis & Meyer, Ανάλυση και Σχεδίαση Αναλογικών Ολοκληρωμένων Κυκλωμάτων. Εκδ. ΚΛΕΙΔΑΡΙΘΜΟΣ, 2010, ISBN: 978-960-461-071-6
- • Jaeger R., Μικροηλεκτρονική, τόμος Β΄, Εκδ. Τζιόλα, 1999, ISBN 960-7219-83-X
Complementary international bibliography
- • Basic Linear Design, Analog Devices, 2007, ISBN 0-916550-28-1
- • Franco S., Design with Operational Amplifiers and Analog Integrated circuits, Mc-Graw Hill Higher Education 3η έκδοση, 2001, ISBN-13: 978-0072320848
- • IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems
- • WSEAS Transactions on Electronics